1. 100 Must-See Films Of The 20th Century – chosen by the film critic Leonard Maltin
2. 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die – compiled by various critics worldwide and edited by Steven Jay Schneider
3. Amos Vogel’s Films As Subversive Art – film history book by Amos Vogel with mini-essays on over 600 films
4. Halliwell’s Top 1000 : The Ultimate Movie Coutdown – The list has 42 extra films, because trilogies, or series, are counted as one entry (The Godfather, The Apu Trilogy, The Lord of the Ring, Antoine Doinel, Laurel and Hardy shorts, etc…)
5. Have You Seen? A Personal Introduction to 1000 Films – written by film critic and historian David Thomson.
6. Jonathan Rosenbaum’s Essential Film – contains the favorite movies of movie critic Jonathan Rosenbaum
7. Roger Ebert: The Great Movies – selected by the film critic Roger Ebert
8. The Best 1000 Movies Ever Made- a selection of reviews that have been printed in The New York Times in a time period of over seven decades