Director : Ridley Scott
Writer : Jon Spaihts, Damon Lindelof, Dan O’Bannon ( based on elements created by ), Ronald Shusett (based on elements created by )
Cast : Noomi Rapace, Charlize Theron, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Logan Marshall-Green
Story : Elizabeth Shaw and Charlie Holloway, a couple of scientist discover several symbols indicating our creators have come from a planet far from Earth. Two years and one billion dollars later a crew of a few members land on this very planet and led by the scientist they start searching for the most crucial answer of our existence: why were we created.
What I Liked :
– I really enjoyed Michael Fassbender, I think he has great potential and displayed an amazing set of talent playing David. Charlize Theron was amazing as always, and Noomi Rapace was just the perfect choice for Dr. Shaw just as perfect as Sigourney Weaver was as Ripley
– cinematography is gorgeous, ahh I just don’t know what to say here, because there is nothing else I enjoyed while watching it
– Giger, gotta love Giger
What I Didn’t Like :
– I mean seriously, such a huge disappointment, it’s very rare that I get this disappointed by a movie, last time it happened was Splice. I don’t even want to think about that because I feel how my mind starts twitching. But when I realized it’s fuckin’ Alien all over again my heart shattered, I mean I was sooooo in love with the first hour of the movie that I hated that I had to blink and might miss a few milisecs of this beauty. The most annoying was when I read after this and learned that Ridley Scott first wanted to make it a sequel, but then he changed his mind and this is just a movie that stands alone and not a piece in the Alien sequence, and I’m like what. This is a fuckin sequel.
– I mean there were scenes almost the same, towards the end Noomi Rapace just needed to strip to a sleeveless shirt and panties to make it more similar to the end scene in Alien 1, and this wasn’t the only one, the whole movie oozed of Alien 1 as soon as they set foot on that planet, but now I think about it I should have known faster. Don’t get me wrong, if it’s Alien prequel then okey but do it right, it could have been much better
– hated what happened to Charlize Theron’s character would have expected something else to happen to her, really trying to not write spoilers, and the shit with captain I mean what was that, and why, especially why, sorry I read that they included this so we understand that during long trips, crew members engage in casual sex to fulfill their need. Well thank you, random sex, sorry random talk about yeah let’s have sex clearly was necessary in this movie, couldn’t have lived without it, but I’m starting to rage so I’ll just top.
– somehow I have a suspicion the story isn’t over yet, because the end gives the possibility of a continuation – update they are doing it, Prometheus 2 is on its way.
– I think in a way this movie wanted to be to Alien what Rise of the Planet of the Apes was for Planet of Apes franchise.
Final Note :
2.5/3 out of 4
Interesting Facts :
– In May 7th, 2012, Guillermo del Toro declared that his long proposed adaptation for “At the Mountains of Madness” was indefinitely delayed as he felt Ridley Scott’s film was extremely similar to the approach he penned for H.P. Lovecraft’s novella, even to the point of having “scenes that would be almost identical. Both movies seem to share identical set pieces and the exact same big revelation (twist) at the end.” (imdb)