Director : Olivier Nakache, Eric Toledano
Writer : Olivier Nakache, Eric Toledano
Cast : Francois Cluzet, Omar Sy
Story : This truly is a one sentence movie : a quadriplegic man, Philippe, hires a foul-mouthed black man from the projects as his new caretaker in order to make his life a bit more interesting , but he had no idea about the changes that Driss will bring in his life
What I Liked :
– Omar Sy has the most contagious laugh ever. I could never obtain myself from laughing with him. He has an incredibly powerful charisma, and Cluzet gave a great performance, of course, but the amazing thing about this movie is their duo, they resonate perfectly. Even if you look at the poster their smile seems so natural, and in the movie you feel like something genuine is developing under our eyes. This film is just about the heart.
– It is a cute and clever film about friendship, and it was pleasant to see such a huge success about this topic.
– and the best part was it had such a good humor, they managed to bring out laughs from everyday tidbits, showing us you can always have a good laugh no matter the situation you are sitting in.
– they way Fracois Cluzet always had a little sadness in his eyes no matter how much it shined
– Omar Sy dances like a half good-half devil
What I Didn’t Like :
– has several flaws, I don’t know much about the actual story, but there were a few doubtful parts ( the painting, speeding, new relationship), but all in all I loved it.
– it’s a bit clichéd story where poor guy breathes new life in the cold aristocrats boring everyday, but the actors make it happen
Final Note :
4 out of 4
Interesting facts :
– the official entry of France to the Best Foreign Language Film at the 85th Academy Awards 2013. (imdb)
– Omar Sy won a Cesar award for his performance