Director : Stanley Kramer
Writer : Nedrick Young, Harold Jacob Smith
Actors : Sidney Poitier, Tony Curtis
Story : the story of two convict – one white the other black – chained together running for freedom.
What I Liked About It :
– i think all of us seen this kind of movie, they can’t break the chain they must run together but they hate each other but in the end become BFFs. well this is the only one that i saw where the story somehow works.
– brilliant performances, especially Sidney Poitier, he should have won the Oscar for it (he got the nomination)
– a hell of an ending, one of the best endings I ever saw on-screen
– every character had depth, you saw them for 5 minutes but still understand what they want and why they want it
– Sidney Poitier’s face when he sings is forever burned in my memory
What I Didn’t Like About It :
– sincerely i can’t say one damn thing
Final Note :
4 out of 4
– the role of Joker Jackson was offered to Robert Mitchum who turned it down, then Marlon Brando who couldn’t play it because he was caught up in filming the Mutiny on the Bounty, and even Elvis Presley wanted to play the role but his manager talked him out of it so in the end Tony Curtis played it hoping that this role would break him away from his usual pretty boy roles
– one technical advisor is uncredited because he was in fact a chain-gang escapee who was still a wanted man